Arctic Cat expands its popular Wildcat series for 2015 with the Arctic Cat Wildcat Sport, a stunning new two-seat performance ROV that slots in-between the original Wildcat and the Wildcat Trail.
The Wildcat Sport’s chassis is 110.5 in. long and 60 in. wide, com- pared to the Trail’s 110.5 x 50-in. chassis and the original Wildcat’s 128 x 64-in. frame. The rider and passenger positions are set a full 3 in. lower than competitive models to produce a low center-of-gravity, leaving the occupants less affected by vehicle movements while optimizing vehicle handling.
The performance engineered chassis is complemented by its bump-swallowing double A-Arm front and swaybar-equipped rear suspensions with 12.2 in. and 12.6 in. of travel, plus 13 in. of rock-clearing ground clearance. Add 26-in. Carlisle Trail Pro tires to the mix and the result is driving confidence and control in even the gnarliest terrain.
Powering the new Wildcat Sport is a 60-plus-hp, liquid-cooled 700 parallel twin engine that was designed by Arctic Cat (and that debuted on the Wildcat Trail). Featuring a closed-loop EFI system and four valves per cylinder, this powerful engine earns its class- leading distinction for sporty fun, smoothness and durability.
TEAM Rapid Response clutches maximize that horsepower and performance, while electronic- selectable 2WD/4WD (with front differential lock) provide the exact riding performance that riders want the moment they ask for it. And dual-piston caliper hydraulic brakes offer enhanced braking performance.
Occupant comfort is a hallmark of Arctic Cat Wildcats, and the Sport follows suit with high-back bucket seats (with upper body supports); fully-variable tilt steer- ing; a sport shifter on the center console; easy-access hinged doors with automotive-style handles and latches; passenger hand-hold; 3-point seat belts; digital gauge; and premium halogen lights with LED taillights.
Built for sporting fun, the Wildcat Sport also delivers useful features like a 300-lb. payload in the rear cargo bed, a 2-in. receiver and 1500-lb. towing capacity.
The base model Sport comes with steel 12-in. wheels, JRi ECX-1 shocks and the option of Lime Green or Red.
The Sport XT offers cast-aluminum wheels, automotive-style paint and color-matched suspension arms. It’s available in Viper Blue or Vibrant Red Metallic.
The amped-up Sport Limited EPS package features electronic power steering; Elka Stage 5 shocks with Dual-Speed Compression and rebound adjustability; full aluminum doors; an under- hood storage box; plus automotive-style paint and color-matched suspension arms. It’s available in White Metallic or Matte Black.
- 60-plus-hp 700 parallel-twin 4-stroke engine with closed-loop EFI, SOHC and liquid-cooling provides class-leading performance, durability and excitement.
- TEAM Rapid Response clutch system for optimal drivetrain performance and durability
- High/Low/Reverse/Park and with electronic 2WD/4WD/ Differential Lock
- Variable Assist Electronic Power Steering (EPS) (Limited)
- 12-in. machined cast-aluminum wheels (XT and Limited)
- New dual-piston caliper hydraulic brakes provide enhanced braking performance
- Easy-hinge doors with automotive- style handles and latching ease vehicle entry and exit.
- 300-lb. rear cargo box capacity • 1500-lb. towing capacity and 2-in. rearreceiver hitch
- Underhood storage box (Limited)
- Automotive-style painted bodywork (XT and Limited)
- Color-matched suspension arms (XT and Limited)
- Available in Lime Green and Red (Sport)
- Available in Viper Blue and Vibrant Red Metallic (XT)
- Available in Matte White and Matte Black (Limited)
For more information on the Arctic Cat Wildcat Sport, please visit the Arctic Cat Website.