Today, Honda reveals the updated 2022 Talon 1000X side-by-side. Since entering the sport side-by-side market just four years ago, the Honda Talon 1000X has already established itself among the top entrants in the segment, quickly growing and evolving to address the needs of drivers in different regions and with varying driving preferences
For the new model year, Honda engineers focused on improving the drive experience through updates in a number of areas, particularly the driver/passenger cabin:
- Relocated Meter: For improved visibility, the meter is now relocated directly behind the steering wheel, and an extended sun visor reduces glare. The background colour is now different as well.
- Switch Panel: To facilitate integration of electric accessories, a new pre-wired switch panel now resides in the meter’s old location.
- Reshaped Paddle Shifters: To facilitate manual gear-changes during dynamic steering manoeuvres, the steering-column-mounted shift paddles have been extended by 13 mm on top and by 30 mm on the bottom, while matching the contours of the previous outer edge. As a result, access is greatly facilitated, regardless of where the driver’s hands are on the steering wheel.
- Improved Mud Protection: By adding rubber sealing to the floor area around all seats, engineers have better isolated the driver and passengers from mud and water.
- Revised Ignition Timing: To deliver smoother transitions from deceleration to acceleration, ignition is momentarily retarded to reduce engine torque and shock.
- I-4WD Upgrade: To speed up reaction time and improve performance with larger aftermarket tires, Honda retuned its high-tech I-4WD system for a more-aggressive torque transfer.
- Launch Control: Now standard
- Updated Styling: The front fascia and bumper have been updated for a bold new look, and new graphics round out the aesthetic improvements.